One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having red hair.‘a flame-haired beauty’
- ‘I can come up with a right good few flame-haired outfield players, but I'm stuck for a goalkeeper.’
- ‘The flame-haired midfielder refused to hold back, launching into a couple of tough tackles which the Argentines took exception to.’
- ‘Recently, a flame-haired woman has injected some colour, humour and competence into proceedings.’
- ‘The Welsh team, led by flame-haired Jenkins, will include former Richmond back row Scott Quinnell alongside Scott Gibbs.’
- ‘The flame-haired 59-year-old exudes joie de vivre and her friends speak of her ability to light up a room.’
- ‘The flame-haired No.8 scored two great points for the Kildare team.’
- ‘The flame-haired economist has been claiming the economy is on the brink of collapse for yonks.’
- ‘Fenton is the flame-haired star's second child - she has a nine-year-old son from a previous relationship.’
- ‘Naturally, Webster falls head over heels - for a fiery, flame-haired dancer.’
- ‘Characters are underdeveloped too, with flame-haired wannabe magician Jeremiah in particular crying out for a larger role.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.