One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But subsequent repairs by the council have met with disapproval from the residents, who feel that the tarmac used was ugly and not in keeping with the flagstoned look of the street.’
- ‘A short flagstoned path, flanked by borders filled with bulbs and seasonal flowers, could lead to the house, with the entire front garden enclosed by a clipped beech hedge.’
- ‘His campaign aims to get the park cleaned up, flower beds added in the flagstoned area, new benches, better access and an information plaque outlining the history of the park.’
- ‘A flagstoned path led from the gate into a formal garden that had reverted to tangled wilderness, but if there was a guard out here, people still used that gate.’
- ‘On the up-side, the service was excellent and the minimalist decor of the flagstoned basement instantly relaxing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.