One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paved with flat stone slabs.‘a large, flagged vestibule’in combination ‘the garden has a stone-flagged patio’
- ‘There is a flagged patio area with pergola as well as pine trees on all sides.’
- ‘A seawall had been erected with a broad flagged walk in front and a row of seats extending the length of the promenade.’
- ‘The nomadic herdsmen of those times constructed stone mounds and stone-flagged graves of great size.’
- ‘The site is laid out with mature shrubs, trees, and lawn, while there is also a flagged patio at the front and the side of the house.’
- ‘A huge stone-flagged entrance hall leads the way to this large, beautifully designed, two-bedroom, self-catering accommodation.’
- ‘The west-facing balcony has a flagged floor, stretches the entire width of the apartment, and is undoubtedly an impressive extra.’
- ‘They made their way down a flagged path bordered by a ten-inch boxwood hedge.’
- ‘The two would drink their black coffee, seated upon the stone-flagged portico whose canopy was the blue sky of Louisiana.’
- ‘On the land side, a generous flagged quay runs around a sheltered harbor.’
- ‘With arched vaulted ceilings and flagged floors, this area has a surprising amount of light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.