One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modified form of football in which ballcarriers are downed by pulling off a marker, or flag, loosely attached to a belt, rather than by tackling.
- ‘He was seen playing flag football when he was supposed to be resting a sore shoulder.’
- ‘At 48, a veteran of various softball, tennis, field hockey, basketball, rugby and flag football teams, she's been playing sports almost continuously since she was 9 years old.’
- ‘Fans or players of football find flag football has all the aspects of the regular game that they love.’
- ‘She plays flag football and rugby during the pro football off-season.’
- ‘Your gym time also transfers over into your other activities, such as pickup basketball, flag football, softball or mountain biking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.