One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modified form of football in which ballcarriers are downed by pulling off a marker, or flag, loosely attached to a belt, rather than by tackling.
- ‘At 48, a veteran of various softball, tennis, field hockey, basketball, rugby and flag football teams, she's been playing sports almost continuously since she was 9 years old.’
- ‘He was seen playing flag football when he was supposed to be resting a sore shoulder.’
- ‘Fans or players of football find flag football has all the aspects of the regular game that they love.’
- ‘Your gym time also transfers over into your other activities, such as pickup basketball, flag football, softball or mountain biking.’
- ‘She plays flag football and rugby during the pro football off-season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.