One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And, ironically for such a flag-waver for Scotland, he is only half Scottish, was born in London, and has lived in Los Angeles for 30 years.’
- ‘In anticipation of such nationalistic events, we attempted to determine exactly where the ardent flag-wavers live.’
- ‘It's easy to be a flag-waver and to be patriotic and to support the troops when you're in the initial attack phase and it looks like you may have only a two-week war.’
- ‘As I'm sure you know, I love the country but am no flag-waver.’
- ‘Here are the flag-wavers who felt patriotic enough to reply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.