One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
fat, fatness, fleshiness, plumpness, chubbiness, portliness, rotundity, meatiness, obesity, corpulence, bloatedness, grossnessView synonyms
- ‘The correct use of muscles can reshape the body, lift sagging cheeks, melt away double chins, middle-age spread and abdominal bulges, restore elasticity to the skin, iron out creepy necks and eliminate flabbiness.’
- ‘A strong sense of urgency can even help to disguise a certain flabbiness in the opinion itself.’
- ‘He wasn't lean, like her brothers, but he didn't have the flabbiness that so many nobles have from a lifetime of good food.’
- ‘Its flabbiness strongly suggested that Charles indulged a little too heavily in the good life.’
- ‘He looks broader than ever but these days it looks less like flabbiness and more like someone who works out, which is more in keeping with the character.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.