One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I stared at the doctor fixedly, all 250 pounds of me.’
- ‘The captain was looking fixedly at the flagstones.’
- ‘Even if those claims prove untrue, moral culpability remains fixedly weighted against the idea that he should be able to walk away from the scandal.’
- ‘He tapped a few keys and stared fixedly at the screen.’
- ‘Anyway the end result was that for four hours we witnessed the odd ritual of some 2,000 people gazing fixedly at a field on which nothing was happening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.