One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An income from a pension or investment that is set at a particular figure and does not vary (as a dividend) or rise with the rate of inflation.
- ‘Catastrophic fixed-income investments, or cat bonds, are an alternative that offers the prospect of returns as high as 20%.’
- ‘In addition, investing in these bonds may help to diversify your fixed-income holdings.’
- ‘The fixed-income markets, interest rates and monetary policy are touched on lightly, if at all.’
- ‘The remaining part of the equation is how much money you can draw from your savings each year, usually via a combination of collecting interest from the fixed-income portion and selling off some of your stocks.’
- ‘And with rates up, high-priced real estate is becoming less attractive relative to some fixed-income investments.’
- ‘It is the guarantee of a specific return at a specific time that gives bonds - also called fixed-income investments - their strength in an economy fraught with uncertainty.’
- ‘His day job is running fixed-income portfolios for an investment firm that doesn't even manage equities.’
- ‘For years, the money management firm has managed equity and fixed-income investments for institutional and individual clients.’
- ‘So, despite all the fear about rising rates, the fixed-income area doesn't seem to be too worried at the moment.’
- ‘Inflation erodes the value of fixed-income securities.’
- ‘The fixed-income component offers a steady income stream and some protection of the investors' capital.’
- ‘Since she is relatively young, she should be more growth oriented and get out of the fixed-income end.’
- ‘With dropping interest rates, fixed-income investment options such as savings and deposits are no longer attractive as people seek other investment alternatives to get higher returns.’
- ‘Securitization is the creation of fixed-income securities backed by mortgage and auto loans, credit-card receivables, and the like.’
- ‘The yields on preferred securities, typically higher than other fixed-income investments, are paid every quarter.’
- ‘We also offer advice on how to grow your portfolio through fixed-income investments, such as municipal or convertible bonds.’
- ‘The rule at my firm is that any money you need in the next 10 years needs to be invested in high-quality, fixed-income securities.’
- ‘And lower interest rates and fears of a bond market bubble have made fixed-income securities less attractive to some investors.’
- ‘Now, even the fixed-income business is reeling.’
- ‘From a fixed-income perspective, there are a couple of sectors that are attractive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.