One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a store in which one can try on clothes before deciding whether to purchase them.
- ‘‘I don't know,’ Justine rubbed her chin as I came out from the fitting room with my regular clothes on.’
- ‘Hurriedly, I left the fitting rooms, and walked to the other side of the department store, and grabbed my cell phone out of my back pocket.’
- ‘‘Okay,’ I said hesitantly, walking into of the fitting rooms.’
- ‘He abhorred the idea of wasting valuable retail space on fitting rooms but recognised that if a shop had nowhere to try on clothes, customers would have to do so at home.’
- ‘Between forays to the fitting rooms, customers can relax on the store's large, comfortable sofas and contemplate purchases as they sip the complimentary refreshments or search magazines for inspiration.’
- ‘Eventually, I find myself in the fitting rooms.’
- ‘I headed to the fitting room and began trying on the clothes.’
- ‘I go into the fitting rooms and start to try on the jackets.’
- ‘She said women were going into a small foyer next to the fitting rooms to give their men's clothes the once-over, but that some strayed into the actual changing room area.’
- ‘I had a cart full of clothes and was waiting for a fitting room to become available.’
- ‘I took the dress from him and went into one of the fitting rooms.’
- ‘Jordan disappeared back into the fitting room and put back on her regular clothes.’
- ‘The space is flooded with natural light from a very large storefront window, and the fitting rooms are spacious and draped with dramatic burgundy velvet curtains.’
- ‘‘The fitting rooms are right over there’ she said, pointing to a room in the back of the store.’
- ‘‘Thanks,’ I said, and stepped back into the fitting room to change back into my normal clothes.’
- ‘They entered a small hallway that led to individual fitting rooms.’
- ‘There is absolutely no heat in the fitting rooms.’
- ‘I wandered around, made my choice and disappeared into the small chamber of horrors known as the fitting room.’
- ‘I slunk into the fitting room wishing I'd devoted the morning to cleaning the bathroom, or learning to crochet.’
- ‘Taylor walked down the halls and to the fitting room where Rochelle was just finishing up another girl, who had a ripped seam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.