One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of providing the necessary equipment for a house or apartment, especially the final decoration and furniture.
- ‘A spacious two-bedroom apartment boasting a quality fit-out with the benefit of a private secure car space.’
- ‘The key word concerning fit-outs for developers of section 50 apartment schemes, he says, is longevity.’
- ‘In this day and age you are looking for half a million for a lease in this location and easily the same again for the fit-out.’
- ‘The fit-out of that building had started and they intended to progress that as quickly as they could in consultation with the contractor.’
- ‘The quality of the fit-out reflects the prices, with features included such as tiled en suite bathrooms, solid oak doors and range cookers.’
- ‘Incentives offered to new home buyers during the year included the provision of white goods, full fit-outs and creative mortgage packages.’
- ‘It will have 4,645 square metres of retail and office space when it reopens this spring and the fit-out is believed to have cost about €40 million.’
- ‘It specialises in the design, installation and support of fully controlled audio-visual and video conferencing presentation systems, offering boardroom and conference fit-outs.’
- ‘The agent is quoting a rent of €237 per square metre for the building which includes the fit-out and furniture.’
- ‘‘Many first-time buyers want units that are ready to walk into; they don't want to have to renovate a property, and they want a modern fit-out,’ he said.’
- ‘The flat is approximately 500 square metres and has required a complete fit-out.’
- ‘Once the fit-out of the building is complete, it is anticipated that the total cost of the project will exceed €12.5 million.’
- ‘The rest of the capital provided enough for the first year's rent and the fit-out of a kitchen but there wasn't much spare change.’
- ‘The building has now been handed over for the final stage of the fit-out process.’
- ‘It is also active in piling and foundation engineering, fit-outs, refurbishment, clean-room engineering and demolition.’
- ‘These will all form part of the fit-out of the building for which the Cook Islands has responsibility.’
- ‘Top office fit-outs cost between €1,500 and €1,800 per square metre.’
- ‘For that price the franchise operator also gets our decade of experience in the market, along with our business practices and store fit-outs.’
- ‘Dumpsters - which we more elegantly know as ‘skips’ - line the streets, bearing the trash of an endless cycle of commercial fit-outs.’
- ‘Costs range from £12,000 to £20,000 for the fit-out of a 186 square metre apartment, and up to £40,000 for a five-bedroom house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.