One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He provides a sketch of a creature with the head of an elephant, a fishlike body with a camel hump, four legs like a lion, and a forked tail like a fish.’
- ‘Quick and nimble, fishlike, she glides over rocks, under overhangs and squeezes into narrow openings.’
- ‘Despite their fishlike exteriors, ichthyosaurs had to surface to breathe air and they gave birth to live young.’
- ‘That's when I saw the spiny ridge that ran the length of her back to the fishlike tail that existed where her legs should have been.’
- ‘The cuticle may be left feeling extremely rough or in some cases the delicate cuticle fishlike scales may be permanently damaged or burned off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.