Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for winding and unwinding fishing line, designed to be attached to a fishing rod.
- ‘When it rains, I like thinking about fishing while I clean my fishing reels.’
- ‘We see lots of fishing reels that come in to us badly corroded and with bearings and other parts seized, simply because they were not rinsed under a freshwater tap after each saltwater use.’
- ‘Many items - fishing reels, for example - look remarkably similar to the outsider facing the glittering array for the first time.’
- ‘Its done everything I require from a fly fishing reel and has never let me down.’
- ‘It's of British manufacture and a very well made saltwater fly fishing reel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.