One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for winding and unwinding fishing line, designed to be attached to a fishing rod.
- ‘When it rains, I like thinking about fishing while I clean my fishing reels.’
- ‘Its done everything I require from a fly fishing reel and has never let me down.’
- ‘We see lots of fishing reels that come in to us badly corroded and with bearings and other parts seized, simply because they were not rinsed under a freshwater tap after each saltwater use.’
- ‘Many items - fishing reels, for example - look remarkably similar to the outsider facing the glittering array for the first time.’
- ‘It's of British manufacture and a very well made saltwater fly fishing reel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.