1A wide-angle lens with a field of vision covering up to 180°, the scale being reduced toward the edges.
- ‘The documentary showcases cast interview clips shot in extreme closeup through a fisheye lens.’
- ‘The use of a fisheye lens briefly creates a fishbowl world as the father balances his daughter on his shoulders as they walk along the railroad tracks.’
- ‘She was about to look through the fisheye when another knock tapped the door.’
- ‘There was everything from a professional 80-200 mm zoom to a 15 mm fisheye with built-in color filter wheel.’
- ‘Camera two would employ a fisheye lens with a 170 degree view.’
2US informal A suspicious or unfriendly look.‘Wally gave him the fisheye’
- ‘Scott gave us both a fisheye.’
- ‘The Boss passes over a page of paper and I give it the old fisheye.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.