One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
People who catch fish for a living.
- ‘It was also fortunate that the annual movement of herring round the coast worked greatly to the advantage of fisherfolk, giving opportunities for catches everywhere at some time of the year.’
- ‘This is also true of innocent fisherfolk from both countries who regularly stray into each other's territorial waters and are detained for two, five, 10 years.’
- ‘A generation or two ago, fisherfolk may have felt humility, possibly even religious stirrings, in the face of a storm.’
- ‘Next to the tourist sectors, the fisherfolk have been particularly badly hit.’
- ‘And the fisherfolk always hope for a good catch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.