One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
People who catch fish for a living.
- ‘A generation or two ago, fisherfolk may have felt humility, possibly even religious stirrings, in the face of a storm.’
- ‘Next to the tourist sectors, the fisherfolk have been particularly badly hit.’
- ‘This is also true of innocent fisherfolk from both countries who regularly stray into each other's territorial waters and are detained for two, five, 10 years.’
- ‘And the fisherfolk always hope for a good catch.’
- ‘It was also fortunate that the annual movement of herring round the coast worked greatly to the advantage of fisherfolk, giving opportunities for catches everywhere at some time of the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.