One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Depleted of fish.‘the grayling here have hardly been fished out’
- ‘The herring was fished out by the 1970s.’
- ‘The exploited species that are fished out in the fishing areas are abundant in marine reserves, as you might expect.’
- ‘EU commissioner Mr Fischler said the cuts were essential to ensure species were not fished out of existence.’
- ‘Cod is virtually fished out, and haddock will follow suit.’
- ‘Some anglers say sadly that the New Zealand rivers are all fished out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.