One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An incredible or far-fetched story.
- ‘Are you willing to swear you're not feeding me a fish story?’
- ‘The action never stopped the rest of the day, and if you think this is just another fish story, I've got it all on videotape.’
- ‘But those are fish stories, anecdotal evidence at best.’
- ‘The fish stories kept getting bigger and bigger until even he couldn't believe what he'd done this time.’
- ‘However, I think my first-grade students might have a few new fish stories to share.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.