One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, oblong piece of fish fillet, usually breaded and fried.
- ‘I'm 30 and still struggling to learn to eat veggies because my mom would cook me fish sticks or sausage or whatever else I wanted if I didn't like what she had cooked for everyone else.’
- ‘We didn't eat things like fish sticks at my house, unless they were freshly cut strips dipped in a tempura style batter.’
- ‘The cod filets reminded me quite a bit of the fish sticks of my misspent adolescence, long and skinny and golden-brown.’
- ‘Luke, on the other hand, was having no problem eating the fish sticks.’
- ‘When she was 1 we took her to one of our favorite seafood restaurants and gave her a little plate of fries and fish sticks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.