Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Thai and Vietnamese sauce used as a flavoring or condiment, prepared from fermented anchovies and salt.
- ‘Then add the water, potatoes, remaining soy sauce and fish sauce.’
- ‘Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, chilli sauce and sesame seeds.’
- ‘Dining in a Vietnamese restaurant, you must try its fish sauce, a specialty of the country.’
- ‘The most commonly sold commodities are foodstuffs and household items such as salt, sugar, fish sauce, soaps, clothing, fabric, tableware, and cooking implements.’
- ‘Add the red pepper, peanuts, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to taste.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.