One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Thai and Vietnamese sauce used as a flavoring or condiment, prepared from fermented anchovies and salt.
- ‘The most commonly sold commodities are foodstuffs and household items such as salt, sugar, fish sauce, soaps, clothing, fabric, tableware, and cooking implements.’
- ‘Then add the water, potatoes, remaining soy sauce and fish sauce.’
- ‘Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, chilli sauce and sesame seeds.’
- ‘Add the red pepper, peanuts, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to taste.’
- ‘Dining in a Vietnamese restaurant, you must try its fish sauce, a specialty of the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.