Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Thai and Vietnamese sauce used as a flavoring or condiment, prepared from fermented anchovies and salt.→ nam pla
- ‘Add the red pepper, peanuts, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to taste.’
- ‘Then add the water, potatoes, remaining soy sauce and fish sauce.’
- ‘The most commonly sold commodities are foodstuffs and household items such as salt, sugar, fish sauce, soaps, clothing, fabric, tableware, and cooking implements.’
- ‘Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, chilli sauce and sesame seeds.’
- ‘Dining in a Vietnamese restaurant, you must try its fish sauce, a specialty of the country.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.