One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ground dried fish used as fertilizer or animal feed.
fertilizer, mulchView synonyms
- ‘Global prices of fishmeal, fish oil and canned fish are at an all-time low and markets are stagnant due to oversupply, mostly from South Africa but also from Thailand, Chile and Peru.’
- ‘High-protein ingredients, such as fishmeal, are expensive because supplies are limited and in demand for other animal feeds.’
- ‘About 750 million tonnes of sand eels are caught every year for use in fishmeal and oil used to manufacture feed for salmon farms.’
- ‘Even young plants are eager to bloom, and they are free of disease and pests if grown in full sun, deeply mulched, and fertilized in spring with fishmeal or fish emulsion.’
- ‘Fishmeal has a distinctive odor; it is recommended that fishmeal be introduced gradually into rations to avoid feed refusals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.