Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Ground dried fish used as fertilizer or animal feed.
fertilizer, mulchView synonyms
- ‘Fishmeal has a distinctive odor; it is recommended that fishmeal be introduced gradually into rations to avoid feed refusals.’
- ‘High-protein ingredients, such as fishmeal, are expensive because supplies are limited and in demand for other animal feeds.’
- ‘About 750 million tonnes of sand eels are caught every year for use in fishmeal and oil used to manufacture feed for salmon farms.’
- ‘Even young plants are eager to bloom, and they are free of disease and pests if grown in full sun, deeply mulched, and fertilized in spring with fishmeal or fish emulsion.’
- ‘Global prices of fishmeal, fish oil and canned fish are at an all-time low and markets are stagnant due to oversupply, mostly from South Africa but also from Thailand, Chile and Peru.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.