One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where fish are artificially bred or cultivated, e.g., for food, to restock lakes for angling, or to supply aquariums.
- ‘To start learning the business, he got a job with a fish farm.’
- ‘Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.’
- ‘The shop sells quality exotic fish, which are hand picked from their fish farm.’
- ‘Susan's husband used to be a pig farmer, but he now has a fish farm, breeding koi carp.’
- ‘The water around a fish farm can become so heavily contaminated that no life can survive on the surrounding seabed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.