One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An eagle that catches and feeds on fish.
Genus Haliaetus, family Accipitridae: two or three species, in particular the white-headed African fish eagle (H. vocifer)
- ‘The osprey is often called the fish hawk or the fish eagle.’
- ‘You can sometimes see the beautiful fish eagle circling overhead and hear the shrieking of the brown headed parrot in the trees.’
- ‘During a few hours on the water, you are likely to see hippos, crocodiles, baboons and fish eagles.’
- ‘The islands are home to many bird species, including fish eagles, ospreys and flamingos.’
- ‘It measures 2.3m from elbow to elbow, the maximum wingspan of the African fish eagle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.