One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person buying a house or condominium who has not previously owned a home and therefore has no property to sell.
- ‘It's a pretty useful starting point for any first-time buyer or someone looking to remortgage.’
- ‘In some of the pricier areas, the surge in prices has put homes out of the reach of the first-time buyers who are the lifeblood of the housing market.’
- ‘They are willing to spend more than the first-time buyer.’
- ‘Of course it's not much fun for would-be first-time buyers who are seeing property prices spiral beyond their reach.’
- ‘They say the government should increase the threshold to this amount for first-time buyers to stop them being priced out of the market.’
- ‘Even a first-time buyer who is desperate to buy shouldn't contemplate borrowing so much.’
- ‘As a first-time buyer, how do I go about deciding what kind of a mortgage is best for me?’
- ‘The Deputy Prime Minister today revealed a five-year plan to make housing more affordable for first-time buyers.’
- ‘I'm a first-time buyer.’
- ‘However, a few guidelines may help distinguish between them for first-time buyers.’
- ‘The old apartments are becoming popular with the young, particularly first-time buyers.’
- ‘First-time buyers are becoming quite difficult to spot these days.’
- ‘I think if I were in the position of a first-time buyer today, I would take some comfort from this last point.’
- ‘What does that mean for young or first-time buyers?’
- ‘For example, last year there were 359,000 first-time buyers.’
- ‘Personally, I think house prices are wobbly enough to warrant would-be first-time buyers sitting it out for a bit longer to see what happens to the market.’
- ‘Naturally, this gives potential first-time buyers a dilemma.’
- ‘That's one of the reasons why, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders, the average age of the first-time buyer is now reputed to be 34.’
- ‘She said it was just as hard then for first-time buyers as it is now.’
- ‘First-time buyers who are struggling to get a mortgage can make use of lodgers too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.