One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of video game whose gameplay involves shooting enemies and other targets and in which a player views the action as though through the eyes of the character they are controlling.‘blast through hordes of aliens in this sci-fi first-person shooter’as modifier ‘first-person shooter games’
- ‘These games have a completely different perspective than third-person character games, such as The Lord of the Rings, or first-person shooter games.’
- ‘As a pioneer of the tactical first-person shooter genre, the series has become a household name for gamers.’
- ‘That game brought together all the depth and detail of a simulator and all the action of a first-person shooter.’
- ‘Not every first-person shooter need be a bloody mess.’
- ‘A crucial part of any first-person shooter game is the interface.’
- ‘We were eager to create a dynamic arcade experience that would be unlike any existing first-person shooter.’
- ‘My favorite genre is fighting, but I like everything from first-person shooters to extreme sports.’
- ‘The battles there are really intense and the visuals are some of the best I have seen in any first-person shooter.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.