One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who attends a first night.
- ‘There to welcome it was a contingent of first-nighters with an appropriately international cast.’
- ‘It was unnerving to be a serious filmgoer sitting among a bunch first-nighters at the latest Austin Powers flick.’
- ‘Only 60 percent of the film's first-nighters said that they'd recommend the movie to friends.’
- ‘I've never been a good first-nighter, I never enjoy hobnobbing in foyers.’
- ‘It appeared that there were rather a lot of first-nighters and I joined the social crowd outside the shop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.