Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Permanent software programmed into a read-only memory.
- ‘Hobbyists have cracked the firmware, cracked the software, and someone has even cracked its creator's customer database.’
- ‘Most devices will have the ability to be upgraded or repaired remotely, by downloading new firmware or software.’
- ‘Be sure you get the latest software and firmware when running the unit, so you get all the features you can out of it.’
- ‘Once the new firmware is loaded, it becomes part of the modem, and the process need not be repeated.’
- ‘It all depends, of course, on how the firmware is programmed to write and read data.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.