One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Permanent software programmed into a read-only memory.
- ‘Most devices will have the ability to be upgraded or repaired remotely, by downloading new firmware or software.’
- ‘Once the new firmware is loaded, it becomes part of the modem, and the process need not be repeated.’
- ‘Be sure you get the latest software and firmware when running the unit, so you get all the features you can out of it.’
- ‘Hobbyists have cracked the firmware, cracked the software, and someone has even cracked its creator's customer database.’
- ‘It all depends, of course, on how the firmware is programmed to write and read data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.