One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technology that allows high-speed communication and data exchange between a computer and a peripheral or between two computers.
- ‘Modem and networking are included, as is a FireWire port for cameras, disks and other devices.’
- ‘The image is captured, digitized, and transferred to a PC over a FireWire interface.’
- ‘At the bottom of the case are the two USB ports, a FireWire connection and a mic and headphone jack.’
- ‘When we plug in a FireWire drive or a USB storage device (such as a camcorder, an MP3 player or a digital camera), the device shows up on the desktop, in the appropriate applications and in the directory.’
- ‘Given that it features video editing capabilities, I would have like to have seen a FireWire connection included.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.