A building without proper provision for escape in case of fire.
- ‘The building is a fire trap, and the smoke alarms, which used to go off at all times, now don't work.’
- ‘‘It's a fire trap, always has been,’ Chelsea pronounces.’
- ‘The old wooden and crowded housing can also become fire traps.’
- ‘I have inspected the premises, and have concluded that I reside in an outrageous fire trap.’
- ‘For example, even Dublin Corporation, probably the most dynamic local authority in the country, is failing to deal with hundreds of properties which are fire traps.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.