- another term for pyracantha
- ‘Other shrubs with showy berries include viburnum species, firethorn, Aucuba japonica, barberry, cotoneaster, chokeberry and Skimmia japonica.’
- ‘Wild roses and firethorns grow there and their beauty is without equal.’
- ‘What better than firethorn to light up our view?’
- ‘Plants with unique visual characteristics such as red leaf toyon, and red berry-producing firethorn are very hardy.’
- ‘The haws are gone from the hawthorn and the berries on the shrubs such as the firethorn are bare and nothing remains save the very sour or poisonous varieties which the birds seem to be able to identify.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.