One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We've had air and soft air pistols, air rifles, blank firers and replica guns surrendered, which is an excellent result.’
- ‘A weapons amnesty, covering firearms, imitations, air weapons and blank firers, together with knives and other weapons, was launched across Surrey this week.’
- ‘More than half of all the guns relinquished in Greater Manchester were ‘airsoft’ weapons like plastic-pellet firers, or ball-bearing guns and replica firearms.’
- ‘So you have a lot more flexibility if you're the hirer and the firer.’
- ‘The army selected 12 firers from the top 52 for its initial sniper class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.