One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insulated container capable of maintaining a temperature at which food can be cooked.
- ‘Any kind of container stuffed tightly with insulating material can serve as a fireless cooker.’
- ‘During both World Wars, the fireless cooker was used to supplement rationed or unavailable fuel sources.’
- ‘He was an inventive man: his creations included a fireless cooker; a water-powered electric generator; and the Post Currency Check, a kind of postal order.’
- ‘I can't wait to see that fireless cooker when completed!’
- ‘Just heat the food until it boils, simmer it for a while, and then put it into the fireless cooker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.