One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An insulated container capable of maintaining a temperature at which food can be cooked.
- ‘Just heat the food until it boils, simmer it for a while, and then put it into the fireless cooker.’
- ‘I can't wait to see that fireless cooker when completed!’
- ‘He was an inventive man: his creations included a fireless cooker; a water-powered electric generator; and the Post Currency Check, a kind of postal order.’
- ‘Any kind of container stuffed tightly with insulating material can serve as a fireless cooker.’
- ‘During both World Wars, the fireless cooker was used to supplement rationed or unavailable fuel sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.