One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fire station.
- ‘On another occasion the crew from one of the outlying firehalls was out in the truck when they received a call on the radio sending them to a house fire in their area.’
- ‘The moments of silence spread Wednesday from the steel and concrete towers Downtown to the well-worn strip malls north of the city to newly built firehalls in the West End.’
- ‘The problem lies with the macho culture in city firehalls.’
- ‘The Sea Island firehall is among a number of emergency-services buildings slated for replacement over the next several years at a cost to the city of $40 million.’
- ‘Franklin said there's a good reason firefighters should be called - firehalls are scattered throughout the community while ambulance stations are more centrally located, so firehalls are closer to most houses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.