One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fire station.
- ‘Franklin said there's a good reason firefighters should be called - firehalls are scattered throughout the community while ambulance stations are more centrally located, so firehalls are closer to most houses.’
- ‘The problem lies with the macho culture in city firehalls.’
- ‘The Sea Island firehall is among a number of emergency-services buildings slated for replacement over the next several years at a cost to the city of $40 million.’
- ‘The moments of silence spread Wednesday from the steel and concrete towers Downtown to the well-worn strip malls north of the city to newly built firehalls in the West End.’
- ‘On another occasion the crew from one of the outlying firehalls was out in the truck when they received a call on the radio sending them to a house fire in their area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.