One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A battle using guns rather than bombs or other weapons.
- ‘I figured that if we got into a firefight, it was a good idea to have the medic as my friend.’
- ‘It was not inconceivable that we might soon be in a firefight, so we were leaning well forward in our foxholes.’
- ‘There were a lot of close calls and intense firefights.’
- ‘Two other soldiers were killed in firefights with the enemy.’
- ‘They went out on patrols, participated in raids on enemy safe houses, controlled dozens of missions dropping live ordnance, and were involved in a few firefights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.