Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pitcher who throws a good fastball.
- ‘The Mariners believe that shin splits that sidelined their fireballer during Spring Training is the reason for the his struggles.’
- ‘Hendley was a fireballer pitching for Lanier High School.’
- ‘A new coach came on before his senior year and offered a spot on the team - not to pitch, but to mentor freshman fireballers.’
- ‘He was traded to the Detroit Tigers in 1938 and actually beat Bob Feller when the Cleveland fireballer set the strikeout record at 18.’
- ‘The Boston fireballer led the league in games, games finished, and saves in 1962; was second in all three categories in 1963; and led once again in games finished and saves in 1964 while placing second in games.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.