One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitcher who throws a good fastball.
- ‘A new coach came on before his senior year and offered a spot on the team - not to pitch, but to mentor freshman fireballers.’
- ‘The Boston fireballer led the league in games, games finished, and saves in 1962; was second in all three categories in 1963; and led once again in games finished and saves in 1964 while placing second in games.’
- ‘Hendley was a fireballer pitching for Lanier High School.’
- ‘He was traded to the Detroit Tigers in 1938 and actually beat Bob Feller when the Cleveland fireballer set the strikeout record at 18.’
- ‘The Mariners believe that shin splits that sidelined their fireballer during Spring Training is the reason for the his struggles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.