Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tropical American ant that has a painful and sometimes dangerous sting.
- ‘The chickens also have reduced the fire ant population by eating the bugs and seeds the ants would have sustained themselves on.’
- ‘The red fire ant, a native of southern Brazil, is a serious new pest which was first detected in Taiwan last year.’
- ‘Within 20 years of hitting U.S. soil, the red fire ant had entered 10 states, 200 counties - and 10 million socks.’
- ‘The fire ant has swept onto the American landscape with an ever-increasing impact.’
- ‘Some fire ant colonies have only a single queen, while others have many.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.