One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Going to; intending to.‘I'm finna make a scene’
- ‘He's finna start his own company.’
- ‘Speaking of Halloween, I have no idea what I'm finna be.’
- ‘I don't know what we're finna do.’
- ‘I'm not finna sit there and rewind for five minutes to get to the songs I like.’
- ‘They struggled all their life and they finna stop struggling.’
- ‘Anyway, dunno what I'm finna do, but whatever it is, it should be interesting.’
- ‘I'm not even finna eat a sandwich.’
- ‘I don't like the feeling of this situation, so we're finna go on about our business.’
- ‘I'm finna go now.’
- ‘I'm just finna wing it.’
Alteration of fixing to (see fix).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.