One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rejection of the belief that anything can actually be infinite.
- ‘The make believe world of predicate logic was a mere conservative extension of finitism.’
- ‘Dummett concludes that one route to such a local revisionism is a hard-headed finitism in which one denies that there is a determinate fact concerning the outcome of a procedure that has not been carried out.’
- ‘According to meaning finitism, the move to the next instance is not intuitive or interpretive but ‘blind’.’
- ‘Barnes built finitism into the core of his approach to social theory and to the analysis of social order.’
- ‘Of course, an analysis of the notion of finitism cannot be presented as a theorem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.