One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The program may be complicated, but it can only be finitely long.’
- ‘He showed that a finitely generated group in which the order of every element divides 6 must be finite.’
- ‘When laboratory subjects are not allowed to communicate, their behavior closely approximates the behavior that is predicted using finitely repeated, non-cooperative game theory.’
- ‘He only accepted mathematical objects that could be constructed finitely from the intuitively given set of natural numbers.’
- ‘Euclid's geometry is an example of a finitely axiomatized theory: it involves a fixed number of proper axioms (together with a few definitions and general principles).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.