One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He showed that a finitely generated group in which the order of every element divides 6 must be finite.’
- ‘When laboratory subjects are not allowed to communicate, their behavior closely approximates the behavior that is predicted using finitely repeated, non-cooperative game theory.’
- ‘The program may be complicated, but it can only be finitely long.’
- ‘Euclid's geometry is an example of a finitely axiomatized theory: it involves a fixed number of proper axioms (together with a few definitions and general principles).’
- ‘He only accepted mathematical objects that could be constructed finitely from the intuitively given set of natural numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.