A wave set in wet hair using the fingers.
- ‘The big man and his old school (yet still ridiculously annoying) finger wave are back.’
- ‘The next day Boozer took out the pin curls in the front and formed finger waves, holding them together with clips and holding spray.’
- ‘Lily Bierman had finger waves in the front of her hair and wore her long hair in a bun.’
- ‘‘My character is a cross between Pearl Bailey and Josephine Baker,’ she says, putting the final touches on her finger waves.’
- ‘Ken reminded me that ‘the traditional finger waves from the actual 1920s were overly stiff with a harder edge.’’
- ‘Pleats and twists are always very popular, braids and finger waves can also be used to give a softer feel to the hair.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.