One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wave set in wet hair using the fingers.
- ‘Pleats and twists are always very popular, braids and finger waves can also be used to give a softer feel to the hair.’
- ‘The big man and his old school (yet still ridiculously annoying) finger wave are back.’
- ‘The next day Boozer took out the pin curls in the front and formed finger waves, holding them together with clips and holding spray.’
- ‘Lily Bierman had finger waves in the front of her hair and wore her long hair in a bun.’
- ‘Ken reminded me that ‘the traditional finger waves from the actual 1920s were overly stiff with a harder edge.’’
- ‘‘My character is a cross between Pearl Bailey and Josephine Baker,’ she says, putting the final touches on her finger waves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.