A procedure in which a thin needle is used to draw cells or fluid from a lump or mass under the skin.
- ‘We report a case of nodular cervical thymic tissue in an infant diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘We describe an infant with an asymptomatic cervical thymic mass diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘Outpatient pathological sampling of a palpable lymph node is performed by fine needle aspiration cytology.’
- ‘Sperm may be obtained from the testicle using needle biopsy or fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘A fine needle aspiration just obtains individual cells.’