Chemical substances prepared to a very high degree of purity for use in research and industry.
- ‘Proprietary technologies will target the local production of high value fine chemicals destined for export markets.’
- ‘Until 1997 the site was used mainly to manufacture fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals.’
- ‘Even in large countries, generic producers frequently had to obtain ingredients such as fine chemicals from producers in other countries.’
- ‘These organic acids are fine chemicals that are used in the production of plasticisers, flavourings, fragrances and pharmaceuticals.’
- ‘Pharmacists at that time purchased fine chemicals and botanicals and compounded their own medications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.