One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large rorqual with a small dorsal fin, a dark gray back, and white underparts.
Balaenoptera physalus, family Balaenopteridae
- ‘Spend six to eight hours a day on the water with giant blue whales, finbacks and humpbacks as you assist researchers with data collection.’
- ‘In 1871, Dr. Thomas Dwight, Jr. purchased a large finback whale and had the carcass towed to Spectacle Island in Boston Harbor, where the bones were carefully cleaned.’
- ‘Sea life on the rocky walls isn't all that benefits: humpback, finback and right whales are all common here, as are dolphins and seals.’
- ‘Take a whale watching tour and see more kinds of whales more often than anywhere else - playful humpbacks, giant finbacks, and maybe even the rare right whale!’
- ‘Apparently nobody noticed that they were pushing around this dead 60 foot finback whale for possibly up to two days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.