Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The four teams that qualify for the championship round in the annual NCAA men's or women's college basketball tournament.
- ‘In April 2001, Heath was an assistant with Michigan State's Final Four team.’
- ‘O'Brien had the Buckeyes in the Final Four in 1999.’
- ‘The best bet for a Final Four team is Pitt or Oklahoma State.’
- ‘Anything less than a Final Four with us is going to be disappointing.’
- ‘That looks a lot like a Final Four team, which is exactly the idea.’
- ‘What would the Final Four be without Tennessee?’
- ‘Before Kentucky and Michigan State settle a Final Four berth this afternoon at the Erwin Center, Hayes says he'll remind his teammates about what's on the line.’
- ‘In three seasons under Bill Guthridge, UNC has gone from a Final Four team to a first-round NCAA loser to a team that needs to hustle even to make the field.’
- ‘This probably is not a Final Four team, but it could make it to the Elite Eight.’
- ‘Until last March, Kansas was mainly known as ‘The Best Team Never to Make it to the Final Four.’’
- ‘‘I'm not satisfied because the team we had was a Final Four team,’ she said.’
- ‘Maryland had most of the ingredients of a Final Four team but for the longest time could not arrange them properly.’
- ‘He wasn't good in this year's NCAA Tournament, but he led a Final Four team in scoring and has great athletic potential.’
- ‘The Huskies boast the best frontcourt depth of any Final Four team.’
- ‘Once the current Jayhawks suggested what was possible - a Final Four, a national title - skeptics citing recent tournament history determined these outcomes were unattainable.’
- ‘‘I feel like anything less than a Final Four is a season down the drain with this team,’ Conroy says.’
- ‘And, lest we forget, Gonzaga, which is currently ranked sixth and looking like a Final Four team, plays not in a power league but in the West Coast Conference.’
- ‘Much of the enthusiasm regarding KU's potential to repeat as a Final Four team waned as the result of star junior forward Drew Gooden's departure for the NBA.’
- ‘Four times at Kansas, Williams reached the Final Four.’
- ‘Each is among the best armed offensive teams in Division I and remains a Final Four contender.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.