One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The four teams that qualify for the championship round in the annual NCAA men's or women's college basketball tournament.
- ‘That looks a lot like a Final Four team, which is exactly the idea.’
- ‘This probably is not a Final Four team, but it could make it to the Elite Eight.’
- ‘What would the Final Four be without Tennessee?’
- ‘‘I'm not satisfied because the team we had was a Final Four team,’ she said.’
- ‘Until last March, Kansas was mainly known as ‘The Best Team Never to Make it to the Final Four.’’
- ‘Each is among the best armed offensive teams in Division I and remains a Final Four contender.’
- ‘Anything less than a Final Four with us is going to be disappointing.’
- ‘‘I feel like anything less than a Final Four is a season down the drain with this team,’ Conroy says.’
- ‘He wasn't good in this year's NCAA Tournament, but he led a Final Four team in scoring and has great athletic potential.’
- ‘The Huskies boast the best frontcourt depth of any Final Four team.’
- ‘Before Kentucky and Michigan State settle a Final Four berth this afternoon at the Erwin Center, Hayes says he'll remind his teammates about what's on the line.’
- ‘The best bet for a Final Four team is Pitt or Oklahoma State.’
- ‘Maryland had most of the ingredients of a Final Four team but for the longest time could not arrange them properly.’
- ‘And, lest we forget, Gonzaga, which is currently ranked sixth and looking like a Final Four team, plays not in a power league but in the West Coast Conference.’
- ‘In three seasons under Bill Guthridge, UNC has gone from a Final Four team to a first-round NCAA loser to a team that needs to hustle even to make the field.’
- ‘Once the current Jayhawks suggested what was possible - a Final Four, a national title - skeptics citing recent tournament history determined these outcomes were unattainable.’
- ‘Four times at Kansas, Williams reached the Final Four.’
- ‘O'Brien had the Buckeyes in the Final Four in 1999.’
- ‘In April 2001, Heath was an assistant with Michigan State's Final Four team.’
- ‘Much of the enthusiasm regarding KU's potential to repeat as a Final Four team waned as the result of star junior forward Drew Gooden's departure for the NBA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.