One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The four teams that qualify for the championship round in the annual NCAA men's or women's college basketball tournament.
- ‘Much of the enthusiasm regarding KU's potential to repeat as a Final Four team waned as the result of star junior forward Drew Gooden's departure for the NBA.’
- ‘O'Brien had the Buckeyes in the Final Four in 1999.’
- ‘Each is among the best armed offensive teams in Division I and remains a Final Four contender.’
- ‘Four times at Kansas, Williams reached the Final Four.’
- ‘The best bet for a Final Four team is Pitt or Oklahoma State.’
- ‘Until last March, Kansas was mainly known as ‘The Best Team Never to Make it to the Final Four.’’
- ‘And, lest we forget, Gonzaga, which is currently ranked sixth and looking like a Final Four team, plays not in a power league but in the West Coast Conference.’
- ‘He wasn't good in this year's NCAA Tournament, but he led a Final Four team in scoring and has great athletic potential.’
- ‘‘I'm not satisfied because the team we had was a Final Four team,’ she said.’
- ‘This probably is not a Final Four team, but it could make it to the Elite Eight.’
- ‘What would the Final Four be without Tennessee?’
- ‘Anything less than a Final Four with us is going to be disappointing.’
- ‘Once the current Jayhawks suggested what was possible - a Final Four, a national title - skeptics citing recent tournament history determined these outcomes were unattainable.’
- ‘That looks a lot like a Final Four team, which is exactly the idea.’
- ‘In April 2001, Heath was an assistant with Michigan State's Final Four team.’
- ‘In three seasons under Bill Guthridge, UNC has gone from a Final Four team to a first-round NCAA loser to a team that needs to hustle even to make the field.’
- ‘‘I feel like anything less than a Final Four is a season down the drain with this team,’ Conroy says.’
- ‘Before Kentucky and Michigan State settle a Final Four berth this afternoon at the Erwin Center, Hayes says he'll remind his teammates about what's on the line.’
- ‘The Huskies boast the best frontcourt depth of any Final Four team.’
- ‘Maryland had most of the ingredients of a Final Four team but for the longest time could not arrange them properly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.