One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for finback
- ‘And farther down the coast, just south of the Scottish capital of Edinburgh, whale-watchers spotted a fin whale - the first such sighting in over a hundred years.’
- ‘After the biggest whales were hunted to the point that they were too hard to find, the whalers went on to the next largest species, the fin whale.’
- ‘Scientists have always wondered about the booming melodies sung by endangered fin whales.’
- ‘An adult fin whale may consume one to one and a half metric tons of food per day, feeding mainly on krill and occasionally herring.’
- ‘Recently they've had very close views of fin whales which, after the blue whale, are the largest animal that's ever lived.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.