One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat's keel shaped like an inverted dorsal fin.
- ‘The ballast/displacement ratio is 46% for the centerboard model and 43% for the fin keel model.’
- ‘With the introduction of the 35.5, the fin keel option was dropped.’
- ‘The sailboat has a fin keel and a rudder that resemble the dorsal and pectoral fins of orcas, said Pakenham.’
- ‘The 36 features a fin keel and partially balanced spade rudder and length overall is 36'7’.’
- ‘She is very well mannered in conditions that would give fits to the helmsmen of modern boats with high aspect fin keels and spade rudders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.