One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deposit of insoluble material left on a filter.
- ‘The filter cake residue has been reduced from 2,700 tons to 2,300 tons per year of the total material treated.’
- ‘In laboratory tests, however, filter cake is built under static conditions with no erosion.’
- ‘It provides a means for rapidly drying temperature-sensitive materials such as filter cake and granular pelletized materials.’
- ‘The local authority licence allowed the disposal of household, commercial, and industrial waste, and by 1996 about 850,000 m of waste, including calcium sulphate filter cake, had been deposited on the site.’
- ‘Holden indicates that when the slurry remained in place for a month a thick filter cake had built up and that side resistance was significantly reduced.’
- ‘One important phenomenon concerning the formation of the filter cake on jet-pulsed filters is imperfect cake removal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.