One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deposit of insoluble material left on a filter.
- ‘Holden indicates that when the slurry remained in place for a month a thick filter cake had built up and that side resistance was significantly reduced.’
- ‘The local authority licence allowed the disposal of household, commercial, and industrial waste, and by 1996 about 850,000 m of waste, including calcium sulphate filter cake, had been deposited on the site.’
- ‘It provides a means for rapidly drying temperature-sensitive materials such as filter cake and granular pelletized materials.’
- ‘In laboratory tests, however, filter cake is built under static conditions with no erosion.’
- ‘One important phenomenon concerning the formation of the filter cake on jet-pulsed filters is imperfect cake removal.’
- ‘The filter cake residue has been reduced from 2,700 tons to 2,300 tons per year of the total material treated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.