One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of transparencies in a strip for projection.
- ‘To illustrate this point Laura Mulvey showed a filmstrip from a 1929 film.’
- ‘Playful and informative, it is somewhat reminiscent of Disney educational filmstrips.’
- ‘Simplicity of use is another plus here because its just a matter of popping in a filmstrip of a mounted slide into the film frame, which you're able to see being scanned in the proprietary lighting viewing window.’
- ‘Now cast adrift from their former contexts, these filmstrips still manage to reveal the disarming forcefulness of America's once official culture, with its ubiquitously familiar, authoritarian and paternalistic voice-overs.’
- ‘The tributes are made of colorful filmstrips that have adhesive on the back.’
- ‘It's pretty old, with every visual flaw and audio glitch imaginable - think of those strange educational filmstrips you had to watch in junior high, with the scratches and warbly sound, and you'll get the idea.’
- ‘One set of illustrations was used initially in conjunction with a CBC film project; later, additional images were created for a filmstrip.’
- ‘Think now of a filmstrip that records an erratic distribution of the balls on a pool table, and then shows the balls contracting into a regular triangle.’
- ‘This is a very strange piece of film, as it plays like a 1964 school filmstrip informing the viewer on man's senses and how he uses them.’
- ‘Recalling the filmstrips from grade school that ‘beeped’ every time the frame needed advancing, this is a witty bit of retro throwback that's clever and cutting at the same time.’
- ‘They did show four filmstrips in all, but they were boring.’
- ‘Each year, I begin the study of Asian painting with a sound filmstrip that outlines basics such as its origins and history, styles, subject matter and materials.’
- ‘Remarkable, too, are the long, narrow proportions of the painting, resembling a filmstrip that we scan from left to right, slowly perusing each of three vignettes.’
- ‘An accompanying set of 12 photographic wall charts, models and a filmstrip were provided when the film was hired for showing in schools.’
- ‘Gone from the center are the 16 mm film projectors, filmstrip projectors and all but one video editing machine of yesteryear.’
- ‘I remember the day we watched the Color Filmstrip, a filmstrip about all the colors.’
- ‘In one grouping, each original image appears to be repeated in a three-frame series still bordered by the telltale edging of the 8mm filmstrip.’
- ‘The film is heavily filtered in post-production to give it an aged, scratched, and worn appearance, like an old filmstrip on its last legs.’
- ‘In the government class, we watched a lot of filmstrips and movies.’
- ‘Sometimes you realize what's happening, but usually you don't, cause you're too blinded by the flashing lights of the filmstrip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.