One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of films by one director or actor, or on one subject.
- ‘There are the usual biographies and filmographies of actors and filmmakers, a limited stills gallery with twelve pictures, and an inexplicably red-banded trailer.’
- ‘There is also a director filmography, which is kind of like getting a weather report from a CD player.’
- ‘Only a filmography for Clint Eastwood and the theatrical trailer are offered.’
- ‘At least we get a trailer and a filmography that does a decent job of showcasing the film, and the talent involved.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and unusually detailed bio / filmographies for the lead actors and the writer/director round out the content.’
- ‘Your filmography is dominated by films directed by women featuring complex, central female characters.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and filmographies for the director and many cast members fills out the extras.’
- ‘Finally there is a quick list of filmographies of the cast and the director.’
- ‘Also on the disc are a lengthy poster and photo archive, production notes, thorough cast and director biographies / filmographies, and the original theatrical trailer.’
- ‘You get filmographies of five actors and nine members of the creative team.’
- ‘The DVD's only supplements are the original theatrical trailer and incomplete cast and director filmographies.’
- ‘The extras are limited to a brief filmography for director Michael Steinberg, Stiles, and Patrick Muldoon.’
- ‘My choices out of her filmography listed previously will probably indicate how I feel about her.’
- ‘Of particular relevance to film studies researchers is the fact that the book includes a useful filmography, listed both by films and directors.’
- ‘The supplements include a trailer and director and cast filmographies.’
- ‘There's also a trailer for this film, a DVD specification list, and some filmographies and biographies too.’
- ‘You'll also get a surprisingly ample plate of cast and crew filmographies, and some soundtrack album cover art.’
- ‘But hey, subtitles come in a variety of languages, from Portuguese to Thai, and there are the requisite boring filmographies of the director and stars that no one reads anyway.’
- ‘The biggest disappointment of the DVD presentation is the lack of any significant extra content; only cast and director biographies and filmographies are offered.’
- ‘A filmography, listing all films mentioned throughout, is at the end of the article.’
1960s: from film + -graphy, on the pattern of bibliography.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.