Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list of films by one director or actor, or on one subject.
- ‘Your filmography is dominated by films directed by women featuring complex, central female characters.’
- ‘There's also a trailer for this film, a DVD specification list, and some filmographies and biographies too.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and filmographies for the director and many cast members fills out the extras.’
- ‘Finally there is a quick list of filmographies of the cast and the director.’
- ‘But hey, subtitles come in a variety of languages, from Portuguese to Thai, and there are the requisite boring filmographies of the director and stars that no one reads anyway.’
- ‘The biggest disappointment of the DVD presentation is the lack of any significant extra content; only cast and director biographies and filmographies are offered.’
- ‘You get filmographies of five actors and nine members of the creative team.’
- ‘There is also a director filmography, which is kind of like getting a weather report from a CD player.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and unusually detailed bio / filmographies for the lead actors and the writer/director round out the content.’
- ‘My choices out of her filmography listed previously will probably indicate how I feel about her.’
- ‘Only a filmography for Clint Eastwood and the theatrical trailer are offered.’
- ‘The DVD's only supplements are the original theatrical trailer and incomplete cast and director filmographies.’
- ‘Of particular relevance to film studies researchers is the fact that the book includes a useful filmography, listed both by films and directors.’
- ‘You'll also get a surprisingly ample plate of cast and crew filmographies, and some soundtrack album cover art.’
- ‘There are the usual biographies and filmographies of actors and filmmakers, a limited stills gallery with twelve pictures, and an inexplicably red-banded trailer.’
- ‘At least we get a trailer and a filmography that does a decent job of showcasing the film, and the talent involved.’
- ‘The extras are limited to a brief filmography for director Michael Steinberg, Stiles, and Patrick Muldoon.’
- ‘A filmography, listing all films mentioned throughout, is at the end of the article.’
- ‘Also on the disc are a lengthy poster and photo archive, production notes, thorough cast and director biographies / filmographies, and the original theatrical trailer.’
- ‘The supplements include a trailer and director and cast filmographies.’
1960s: from film + -graphy, on the pattern of bibliography.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.