One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for movie star
actor, actress, film actor, film actress, leading man, leading woman, leading lady, lead, principal, performer, starletView synonyms
- ‘Mel was the kind of man who I thought would be a film star.’
- ‘To be a film star she must be willing to go all the way.’
- ‘You mostly have to be good if you want to be a film star, but you don't become a film star just by being good.’
- ‘There is a message loud and clear for the younger generation to go vegetarian whether one is an ordinary person or a film star.’
- ‘My dentist told me that for that price I could have a set of teeth like a Hollywood film star.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.