Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for movie star
actor, actress, film actor, film actress, leading man, leading woman, leading lady, lead, principal, performer, starletcelebrity, celebutante, star, famous actor, famous actress, personality, household name, superstarmovie starcelebmatinee idolluvvieView synonyms
- ‘To be a film star she must be willing to go all the way.’
- ‘There is a message loud and clear for the younger generation to go vegetarian whether one is an ordinary person or a film star.’
- ‘My dentist told me that for that price I could have a set of teeth like a Hollywood film star.’
- ‘You mostly have to be good if you want to be a film star, but you don't become a film star just by being good.’
- ‘Mel was the kind of man who I thought would be a film star.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.