One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An identifying name given to a computer file.
- ‘You can see not only the address of the file being downloaded but the filename too.’
- ‘It will not be named with reference to its absolute filename or address as filenames and addresses have a tendency to change.’
- ‘The application is responsible for mapping this identifier back to the filename.’
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
- ‘One thing to watch out for when encrypting filenames is that filenames must remain valid after encryption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.