One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device which controls access to separately stored files, as part of a multiuser system.
- ‘Allocation of data is controlled by the local file system on the file server.’
- ‘Where is the latest version of that document you were looking for - on the file server, on your laptop, on the PC at home?’
- ‘A video server is the multimedia equivalent of a data file server.’
- ‘So I wrote a proposal and got permission to procure a box to act as a file server, fax server, internal web server, e-mail server and Internet gateway.’
- ‘Though I wouldn't use it for an enterprise level database or file server, it should be fine for a home file server.’
file server/ˈfīl ˌsərvər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.